【Introduction】SGM2533/SGM2534 series products are highly integrated and feature-rich Electronic fuses with input under-voltage protection, output over-current protection and output short-circuit protection. The output current is adjustable from 2A to 5A, the output current limiting accuracy is ±15%, the fast short-circuit shutdown protection, and the 2-speed output voltage clamping function, the typical values are 6.1V and 15V respectively. Adjustable output voltage slope and under-voltage shutdown and over-temperature protection functions can effectively protect against overload, output short circuit, input surge and other conditions in system applications, making it ideal for local system protection circuits. The chip adopts TDFN-3×3-10L green package, supplemented by heat dissipation pad to ensure good heat dissipation performance, and the operating temperature range can reach -40℃ to +125℃.
● 5V electronic fuse: SGM2533A/B;
● 12V electronic fuse: SGM2534A/B;
● Typical value is 26mΩ low on-resistance NMOS switch;
● Fixed overvoltage clamp:
○ 6.1V: SGM2533A/B;
○ 15V: SGM2534A/B;
● Adjustable output current threshold: 2A to 5A (±15% accuracy);
● Under-voltage shutdown;
● Adjustable output voltage slope;
● Thermal protection function:
○ Self-recovery: SGM2533A/SGM2534A;
○ Thermal shutdown: SGM2533B/SGM2534B;
● -40℃ to +125℃ operating temperature range;
● Comes with thermal pad TDFN-3×3-10L green package.
1. Through an external current limiting resistor, the current limiting threshold can be set from 2A to 5A, and the current limiting threshold of the system output can be adjusted. It is very suitable for high current applications such as PCs, servers, SSD drives and industrial control equipment. Transient output overcurrent will not trigger chip protection to avoid downtime caused by system fluctuations.
2. The fast overcurrent response comparator integrated in the chip can respond quickly in the event of a transient short circuit and protect the system in time.
3. For different working conditions, an external CSS capacitor can be used to set the required output voltage slope to reduce inrush current, protect downstream high-current sensitive devices and suppress input voltage fluctuations.
4. SGM2533A/B provides overvoltage clamp protection for 5V systems, and SGM2534A/B provides overvoltage clamp protection for 12V systems. When the system input overvoltage, SGM2533A/B and SGM2534A/B clamp the output voltage to 6.1V and 15V respectively, to ensure that the downstream equipment works within the safe voltage range. When the chip works in the input overvoltage condition for a long time, the load capacity will be limited due to the increase of heat loss triggering the overheat protection, and finally the output of the chip will be cut off to avoid potential voltage shock to the subsequent circuit.
5. According to different application requirements of customer systems, SGM2533/SGM2534 provide two versions, self-recovery and thermal shutdown.
About Shengbang Microelectronics
Shengbang Microelectronics (Beijing) Co., Ltd. (stock code 300661) focuses on the R&D and sales of high-performance, high-quality analog integrated circuits. The products cover the two major fields of signal chain and power management. There are more than 3800 models in 25 categories for sale, all of which are independently developed and widely used in communication equipment, consumer electronics, industrial control, medical instruments and automotive electronics.
Source: Shengbang Microelectronics